Background

Monday, May 12, 2014

Get Well Soon Cards

Recently Betty of SBS was not very well at all and me and my daughter thought it would be nice for her to receive a lovely Get Well card from us to cheer her up.  I had already picked out the image I wanted to use and then Ryleigh decided that she wanted to use the same image so we made separate cards.

The top picture is my card.  We used image Rio and Little Venus from SBS. I used some strippy background paper and a strip of blue swirls.  Raised the image with foam pads to give a little height, stuck a few gems down the side and a couple of patterned stars to decorate, along with a big Docrafts flower and green brad.


The link for the digi is: http://simplybstamps.net/item_2257/Rio-and-Little-Venus-with-Senti-Digi.htm
This is Ryleigh's card she made all on her own, even the colouring.  She is 6 years old bless her and has a heart of gold.  When I told her I was making Betty a card to make her feel better, she insisted on making one herself and I think she did a fantastic job.


This is a card that I made for a friend who unfortunately doesn't live locally anymore (she moved to America with her lovely husband) and who I haven't seen in years, but we have kept in contact via Facebook, so when I heard she wasn't very well I decided to make her a card to cheer her up.

The image is by Tiddlyinks and was coloured with promarkers, the papers and flowers are from dovecrafts and the embellishment was from a little local shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment